SPANISH in Emsworth
10-week Spanish Elementary 1 Course
Spanish Elementary Course at Emsworth Community Centre
If you are looking to improve your Spanish language and confidence in your language skills, we can offer you a next step after the beginner level.
We make learning an exciting and engaging experience with effective ways to develop your language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing. The lessons are focused on communication and cultural aspects.
Our elementary courses are delivered in three modules and are run in progressive levels throughout the year from September to June:
- Elementary 1
- Elementary 2
- Elementary 3
All our courses take place in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere.
Elementary 1 course overview
This is the next step after completing the Beginner level course.
The aim of Elementary courses is to teach you:
- To understand sentences and frequently-used expressions related to the areas of experience most immediately relevant to you (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, places of interest, employment, and others).
- To communicate in simple, everyday tasks requiring no more than a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- To describe in simple terms aspects of your past, environment and matters related to your immediate needs.
They consist of one evening class a week of 2 hours (with a break of 10 minutes), for a total of 10 weeks which is ideal for those with various commitments or working full-time.
Classroom activities will include:
- Pair and group work
- Work on pronunciation and intonation
- Listening to audio clips
- Grammar in context
We provide handouts to work on during the course. We also work with a coursebook that we lend to each student for the duration of the course. A deposit towards the book will be required and it will be returned at the end of the course.
You will need to bring a notepad and pen.
A small Spanish-English/English-Spanish dictionary would be very useful.
All our language courses are taught by qualified native or non-native speakers with broad teaching experience and a passion to teach their language and culture.
You can join an Elementary level course at any stage, if you have previous knowledge of the language and/or have completed a beginner level course. This implies:
- You must be able to understand and use very frequently-used everyday expressions as well as simple phrases to meet immediate needs.
- You must be able to introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, what you do, etc.
- You must be able to interact in a simple way, provided the other person talks slowly and clearly.
No qualification is issued at the end of the course, but if required, you will be awarded a certificate of attendance on completion of the course. You must attend at least 70 per cent of the course to be eligible for the certificate.
20-hour course over 10 weeks.
2-hour lesson each week.
Start Date: Tuesday 24th September 2019
End Date: Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Class Times: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: Emsworth Community Centre
No lessons during Half Term.
Map of the Venue
TOTAL COST £170
No Enrolment Fees
Before you proceed with your booking, please read our Terms and Conditions.
Secure Payments via PayPal. All Major Cards Accepted. No PayPal Account Needed.