SPANISH in Havant
8-week Spanish Intermediate Course
Spanish Intermediate Course at The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre
If you are looking to improve your Spanish language and confidence in your language skills, we can offer you the next step after the elementary level.
We make learning an exciting and engaging experience with effective ways to develop your language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing. The lessons are focused on communication and cultural aspects.
Our intermediate courses are delivered throughout the year.
All our courses take place in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere.
Intermediate course overview
This is the next step after completing the Elementary level course.
Our Intermediate courses aim to expand your previous knowledge of the language and learn new structures to apply in different topics. We will be working together towards to develop the following:
- Understand points regarding family, work, school or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, and ambitions, as well as opinions or plans in brief.
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without too much strain for either the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
They consist of one evening class a week of 2 hours (with a break of 10 minutes), for a total of 8 weeks which is ideal for those with various commitments or working full-time.
Classroom activities will include:
- Pair and group work
- Work on pronunciation and intonation
- Listening to audio clips
- Grammar in context
We provide handouts to work on during the course. We also work with a coursebook that we lend to each student for the duration of the course. A deposit towards the book will be required and it will be returned at the end of the course.
You will need to bring a notepad and pen.
A small Spanish-English/English-Spanish dictionary would be very useful.
All our language courses are taught by qualified native or non-native speakers with a broad teaching experience and a passion to teach their language and culture.
You can join an Intermediate level course at any stage, if you have previous knowledge of the language and/or have completed an elementary level course. This implies that a learner should be able to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
No qualification is issued at the end of the course, but if require, you will be awarded a certificate of attendance on completion of the course. You must attend at least 70 per cent of the course to be eligible for the certificate.
16-hour course over 8 weeks.
2-hour lesson each week.
Start Date: Wednesday 6th March 2019
End Date: Wednesday 1st May 2019
Class Times: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: The Spring Arts Centre - Havant
No lessons during Half Term.
Map of the Venue
TOTAL COST £167
No Enrolment Fees
Before you proceed with your booking, please read our Terms and Conditions.
Secure Payments via PayPal. All Major Cards Accepted. No PayPal Account Needed.
" I highly recommend this to anyone working to learn Spanish and have fun at the same time. "