Terms & Conditions
Minimum number of students
The minimum class size refers to the number of students required to run a group course. It is up to Tertulia discretion whether the course will run. We always aim to run all courses as advertised, but cannot guarantee that this will be possible where the minimum class size is not met.
Should your course be affected from the minimum class size, we will contact you directly to discuss different options, which may include:
- A full refund of your course fee in line with our policy.
- Changing to another similar course at a different venue.
Cancellation of a course - alternative courses
If a course is cancelled we will inform you and offer similar courses at other nearby alternative venues to you.
If you accept to move to this new course and later decide to withdraw, you will not be entitled to any refunds.
If you accept this course you will be required to pay the full cost of the new course chosen. If there are course cost differentials between the course you initially chose and the new alternative course, we will address these as follows:
- If the initial course cost is higher than the new course cost, we will proceed by refunding you the difference.
- If the initial course cost is lower than the new course cost, you will be required to pay the difference by the end of the first lesson at the latest.
Withdrawing from your course and refunds
- For cancellations made up to 14 days before the course start date, you are eligible for a full refund if you have paid by cash, bank transfer or cheque. If you have paid into our PayPal account using either your debit, credit card or your own PayPal account, a fee transaction of 2.90% plus a fixed rate of £0.30 might be applied.
- For cancellations made less than 14 days before the course start date, no refunds are available.
- No refunds are available for non-attendance.
For Private Tuition only
If you have paid for a set number of sessions and:
- You need to cancel a single session: you must get in contact with us at least 24hrs beforehand to re-schedule your lesson. Otherwise you will incur the cost of the scheduled lesson.
- You are unable to keep the agreed set of scheduled sessions: you have a period of 90 days counted from the first date of the sessions, to re-schedule a new timetable. Otherwise you will lose your set of paid lessons and will not receive any refunds.
- You decide for any reason to withdraw: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of the total you paid only if you notify us within your first session of tuition. No refunds are available if you notify us after the stated period.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificate of attendance can be issued only if a student has attended at least 70% of the course he/she has enrolled in.